Popular Posts

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Garden Planting Asparagus 2012

Mary Washington Asparagus Plant 6 for $3.98 Planted 12 in my Garden
Hey today April 19 2012 has been a fun day for me to plant in my Garden and I want to give all you readers some tips since I did grown Asparagus in the past and I found out they only produce a few years before you need to replant them again.

I had purchased Mary Washington Asparagus for $3.98 and you get 6 plants so I purchased 2 packs. They need Full Sun and they  harvest mid season. Well I did grow asparagus and wanted to let everyone to know that you can plant Asparagus now but you will get a fern type plant grow and next season you will see those asparagus sprout out of your garden.

Oh boy do they taste so great fresh out of your garden that is why I purchased two packs to plant into my garden for next season.

Here is the trick you did a hole put Miracle Gro Veggie and Flower Garden Soil into the soil then place the
plant in the hole with the soil mixture then cover them over and put more of the Garden soil on top then water.
12 Asparagus plants I planted

Cover with dirt and garden soil

They look dried out  before you plant them
Water Well and you will enjoy the organic delicious tasting Asparagus next year and remember they will fern this season after planting so do not pull the fern out of the ground. I did fence them and put a label on them so I would know not to plant anything on top of them.

Here I go again planting early in the mid April my Husky Cherry Tomatoes and I water everyone very well.

In my Small Garden with 7 husky cherry tomatoes and Parsley


My Husky Cherry Tomatoes by Bonnie Bell
My dill and parsley at the end of my small garden remember the come back every year if you do not  pull them out

Miracle Gro Garden Soil I use every year in my garden
 Have fun Gardening and Experiment with everything you enjoy I do. So Remember.....

Be Creative
Enjoy





No comments:

Post a Comment